- Hasee Toh Phasee is a badly written script with so many plots with no proper establishment for any of the plot. So many things happening around and no connection between any of them. Each character has one or the other story to tell and the story is very vague.
- Hasee Toh Phasee fails big time to engage its audience and you can reply to your friends message in between the film as nothing interesting happening in the film. Main reason for film being so uninteresting is lack of good story which is clearly visible.
- Hasee Toh Phasee starts off very well with the childhood of two main protagonist and one good scene that is suppose to establish their characters but then never happens throughout the film. Nikhil (Sidharth Malhotra) is smart but why does he fail to prove himself and always depends on his father-in-law and not his father. Meeta (Parineeti Chopra) being so talented and hard working takes a drastic step that ruins her life and her family disowns her except her father because his password is meetu that clarifies he misses Meetu very badly.
- Hasee Toh Phasee has only one good thing in the entire film and that in performance of Parineeti Chopra. Her hard work is clearly visible and yes this is different from her roles in her previous films. She can shut the mouth of people who said she can’t act. Brilliant performance. Sidharth Malhotra is better than his previous film. Nothing worth appraising about his performance.
- Hasee Toh Phasee has decent songs but it is the songs that spoil the film. Shake It Like Shammi plays during opening credits and the film enters its bad phase. As there are so many songs in the album and first half has only one song rest all are stuffed in the second half which looks more like a music video than a film. Decent music and better not to mention about background score. Nothing novel in it.
- Hasee Toh Phasee is considered to be a romantic film but the romance between Sidharth Malhotra and Parineeta Chopra is missing. Difficult to talk about their chemistry in the film as there are hardly any romantic scenes between them, most of the time Siddharth is helping Parineeti else both of them are involved in their respective problem for which the solution is money and for that the only helpful person is Parineeti’s father who is also Sidharth’s father -in-law.
- Hasee Toh Phasee is uninteresting, this clearly tells how bad the editing of the film is. Interval scene which is suppose to be the turning point of the film is just some random scene which does not affect the film or the audience watching the film.
- Hasee Toh Phasee has its moments which make you laugh and some emotional scenes which not at all makes you feel emotional. Not a single scene or moment in the film that stands out in the entire film.
Reason for starting every point with Hasee Toh Phasee is to tell that, agar tum hasey toh phasey. Weak script, bad direction, poor editing decent music makes Hasee Toh Phasee an easy miss. Parineeti Chopra fans can watch it for her performance but unfortunately so many negative factors of the film will make her performance go unnoticed. This one is not recommended.